Walleye unveil 2012-13 promotional schedule!
9/6/2012 - Mark your calendar for another season of pure adrenaline-powered fun with the Toledo Walleye! Many popular promotions will return for the upcoming season, and new promotions and giveaways will be introduced.
Fans will once again get to party with the players after every Friday home game in the Lighthouse Lounge. Sundays will be family fun days at the Huntington Center, including kids’ design-a-sign, Chuck-a-Puck (proceeds going to local youth hockey and local charities) and open skate after the games. The popular Boy Scout and Girl Scout sleepovers and jamborees will be returning on several dates in 2012-13, as well as an abundance of youth hockey, high school hockey and adult hockey events throughout the year. The Toledo Walleye will continue to add fun and exciting promotions and giveaways throughout the year. Stay tuned and check www.toledowalleye.com/promotions for updates!
The long-awaited Toledo Walleye Opening Night is Saturday, October 13th. The Walleye will kick off the new season with the FinFest Opening Night pregame party at 4:30 p.m. in The Aquarium. Drink specials, live entertainment, and special guests will highlight the party. The Aquarium will be transformed into an open air venue with local band 56 Daze rocking out on stage. A live ice sculpture carver, face painters, and street performers will be greeting fans. The FinFest Opening Night pregame party is free for all fans. Doors open for Walleye Opening Night at 6 p.m. The first 4,000 fans will receive a blue or gold glow wand. Fans should plan to arrive early to light it up during the pregame festivities and player introductions! Upon exit, 5,000 fans will receive magnet schedules.
Toledo Walleye fans that visit the Huntington Center can expect to meet many popular TV and movie characters in 2012-13!
• The patriotic super hero Captain America will be making an appearance on November 11.
• The overzealous Hanson brothers from the movie Slapshot will be bringing their hockey antics to the Huntington Center on December 1.
• On December 15 and 16, Santa Claus visits the Swamp Shop souvenir store to take photos and listen to your holiday wish lists!
• Dora the Explorer will be trekking her way throughout the arena on January 6.
• Hey, it’s Franklin! Come check out Franklin the Turtle on February 17.
• The Nick Jr. stars of Team Umizoomi will be hanging out at the March 3 game.
• You won’t want to miss The Hulk who will be smashing through the arena on March 17.
Theme Nights/Special Events
The 2012-13 season plays host to numerous theme nights and special events!
• The popular School Appreciation Day returns to the Huntington Center on November 7 at 10:30 a.m!
• It’s the showdown you don’t want to miss on November 10 before the Walleye game. The Toledo Fire Department and the Toledo Police face-off at the 2nd Battle of the Badges hockey game.
• November 11 is Veteran’s Day and the Walleye will honor veterans from all branches of the military during the Veteran Appreciation Night celebration.
• Join us on November 23 to celebrate Black Friday at the Huntington Center. Prizes and giveaways will be given away randomly throughout the night. There will also be 1,500 turkey hats dropped from the rafters at our annual Turket Hat Drop!
• The Teddy Bear Toss is back on December 1! Fans are encouraged to toss a stuffed animal onto the ice when the Walleye score their first goal. Teddy bears will be collected and donated to Lucas County Children’s Services.
• Wear your ugliest holiday sweater on December 29 during the Ugly Sweater Holiday Celebration. Prizes will be awarded to the best dressed fans!
• February 16 kicks off the Toledo Hockey Heritage Weekend Celebration.
• Meet all of your favorite mascots at Mascot Mania night on February 24.
• The Pink in the Rink Weekend Celebration kicks off March 2.
• We have taken it upon ourselves to rename St. Patrick’s Day as St. CatTrick’s Day! Come celebrate the holiday with the Toledo Walleye on March 17.
• Tweet it, tag it, post it! Social Media Night is back on March 24.
• The Toledo Walleye will also host two Hockey & Hops Beer Tasting Events in 2012-13, the first on December 28 and the second on February 22.
There are tons of promotional giveaways this season with the Toledo Walleye and more on the way. Check back at www.toledowalleye.com/promotions for more updates and giveaway announcements!
• A special giveaway will be given to all students upon entrance at the School Appreciation Day on November 7.
• A four-part poster series giveaway takes place at various games during the season—details COMING SOON!
• The Walleye will drop 1,500 turkey hats during the 2012 edition of the “Turkey Hat Drop”.
• On January 6, the first 2,000 fans at the arena will receive a Spike Bobble-Body doll.
• Pink Glow Wands and Rally Towels will be passed out during the March 2 and March 3 Pink in the Rink Weekend Celebration.
Auctions and Charitable Functions
Proceeds from all auctions and sales will benefit charity. Check www.toledowalleye.com as we announce our charitable partners throughout the season!
• January 5 will feature the Boy Scout Jersey Auction.
• On February 1, the Walleye will be hosting their popular Mystery Puck Sale.
• On February 16, the Toledo Blade’s Jersey Auction will be taking place.
• March 2 will feature our Pink Jersey Auction.