Give blood and score a free Walleye ticket!
2/15/2013 - Meet Walleye players and mascots, score a free ticket, and save a life! On Tuesday, Feb. 19 from 2-7 p.m. the Walleye will hold their fourth annual Red Cross blood drive! Everyone who comes to give blood will receive a ticket to a Walleye game! To schedule an appointment call 1-800-RED-CROSS or visit the Red Cross website at redcrossblood.org (enter sponsor code: TOLEDOWALLEYE).
Walleye Blood Drive info:
- The blood drive will be held at the Huntington Center in downtown Toledo, located at 500 Jefferson Ave.
- Donors will be provided with free parking at the Port Lawrence Garage, which is located on the corner of Jefferson and St. Clair Streets across from Seagate Centre. After you are done donating blood the Red Cross will provide you with a free exit card to use when you leave the garage.
- All donors that come to donate at the Toledo Walleye blood drive will receive a ticket to a Walleye game. (limited quantity of 200)
- Donors can enter to win Toledo Walleye memorabilia and a Toledo Walleye Experience package.
- Donors will be able to meet Toledo Walleye players and mascots.
“We are thrilled to continue with this tradition with the Red Cross! We know how important it is to keep blood levels up and the best way for us to help is by hosting a blood drive. We are inviting the community to schedule an appointment to donate blood and help save lives!” says Cheri Pastula, Manager of Community Relations for the Toledo Walleye.
While the need for blood is constant, particular times of year present unique challenges for blood collection.
“At any given moment, patients rely on life-saving blood products. The need is constant -- even in emergency situations,” said Tiffany Gradel, Spokesperson for the Western Lake Erie Region of the Red Cross. “The quickest help will come from local blood donors.”
How to Donate Blood
To schedule an appointment to donate please call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org for more information. Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental permission in some states), meet weight and height requirements (110 pounds or more, depending on their height) and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. Please bring your Red Cross blood donor card or other form of valid ID when you come to donate.
About the American Red Cross
The Western Lake Erie Region serves 11 counties, and needs to collect about 300 units of blood a day to meet patient need in 23 hospitals. In addition to supplying nearly half of the nation’s blood, the American Red Cross teaches lifesaving skills, provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a charitable organization—not a government agency—and depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.