The Toledo Walleye will hold two School Education Days at the Huntington Center – on Thursday, November 15, and Wednesday, December 5. This annual program provides a unique opportunity to use hockey as a backdrop to help students learn math, science, history, geography, and of course, see an exciting professional hockey game.
All public and private high school, junior high and elementary students, educators, teachers’ aides, chaperones and bus drivers are invited. A record-breaking 13,000+ students and educators participated last season. Teachers tell us it’s been very successful in getting students engaged and involved in something new and different. We know your budgets are tight and want to make this an affordable outing by offering discounted tickets and grants to help supplement the costs.
NOTE: The School Education Day game that was postponed on November 15 has been rescheduled for Thursday, January 31 at 10:35 a.m.. Game tickets for the November 15 game will be good on January 31. You must contact Rita Natter by December 14th, if you plan on using your tickets.
Thursday, November 15, 2018
Career Day: 9 a.m. | Game: 10:35 a.m.
Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Career Day: 9 a.m. | Game: 10:35 a.m.
- Exclusive ticket offer for $6. (For students, teachers, chaperones and bus drivers only.)
- Food vouchers, which include a hot dog, chips, soft drink, are just $4.50!
- Free bus parking! Based on first come first serve
- Hockey-based classroom curriculum guide (download) developed in cooperation with the University of Toledo.
- Any school that purchases tickets will be entered to win a $1,000 grant for their school. (A total of four grants will be awarded!)
- Transportation assistance funds are available by applying through the Toledo Community Foundation at www.toledocf.org/grants.
WHO'S INVITED? All high school, junior high and elementary students!
WHAT IS IT? Two rare mid-morning professional hockey games just for you!
WHEN? Thursday, November 15 and Wednesday, December 5
WHERE? The fabulous Huntington Center in downtown Toledo!
IMAGINATION STATION AT SCHOOL EDUCATION DAY
The hands-on science experts from the Imagination Station will join the Toledo Walleye on Thursday, November 15 and Wednesday, December 5. The Imagination Station will be bringing plenty of excitement with them for their two on-ice science demonstrations during the 1st and 2nd intermission. You are not going to want to miss this interactive on ice science experience at the Toledo Walleye School Education Days!
SPORTS MANAGEMENT CAREER DAY
It takes a lot of people with a variety of skills to help run a professional sports organization. With the goal of stirring interest and making students aware of jobs available in the sports industry, the Toledo Walleye will host a pregame Career Day presentation before each School Education Day game. For a $25 school group fee, hear from a variety of Toledo Walleye front office staff and special guest speakers from our partners. Space is limited, so contact Rita Natter at 419-725-9258 or email email@example.com to secure space for your school group. (Note: this is geared for high school and middle school students.).
OTHER EXCITING SCHOOL RELATED GAMES
- Friday, December 14 - SING FOR SANTA NIGHT: Gather all students and their families: The Toledo Walleye are hosting 'Sing for Santa Night' on Friday, December 14. Choirs are invited to sing along together to some of our holiday favorites! We encourage you to invite families to cheer on the choirs and sit with your students! Choirs and their families will be seated together for the game. The following songs will be performed: Pregame - Jingle Bell Rock, 1st Intermission - Let It Snow, 2nd Intermission - Santa Is Coming to Town Help spread the word by forwarding this information to your Elementary and Middle School Music Teachers as well as your high school choir directors! To reserve a spot for your choir please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text Rita at 419-725-9258.
- Sunday, January 27 - CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK KICK OFF GAME
- Friday, February 1 - STEM NIGHT: Families are invited to attend STEM night with the Walleye. Join the Toledo Walleye and various community partners for an evening of hands on STEM activities prior to the Walleye game. Everyone who pre-registers will receive a free meal ticket! please. For more info email email@example.com or call/text Rita at 419-725-9258.
- Saturday, February 16 - FFA NIGHT: Students in FFA and their advisors, family and friends are invited to attend an seminar with members from the agricultural industry before the Walleye game. FFA chapters will have a chance to win an in-game experience. For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text Rita at 419-725-9258.
For more information, contact Rita Natter at 419-725-9258 or email@example.com.
RESERVE SCHOOL DAY TICKETS ONLINE
Fill out the form below to reserve tickets for your group. You will be personally contacted by a Walleye representative with a confirmation on your reservation and instructions on payment options.