April 20, 2015
Overall Record: 50-15-5-2 (1st North Division)
(Week Record 1-1-0-0) (Streak 1 Win)
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS (Best of Seven Series Tied 1-1)
- Game 1 - April 16 - Wheeling @ Toledo (3-2 Loss)
- Game 2 - April 18 - Wheeling @ Toledo (2-1 OT Win)
THIS WEEK'S GAMES
- Game 3 - April 22 - Toledo @ Wheeling 7:05pm (Fox Sports 1230) (BCSN)
- Game 4 - April 24 - Toledo @ Wheeling 7:35pm (1370 WSPD) (BCSN)
- Game 5 - April 25 - Toledo @ Wheeling 7:35pm (1370 WSPD) (BCSN)
- Series Tied: The Nailers took game one with two David Gilbert goals 3-2 on Thursday night at the Huntington Center. Saturday night was a rebound for the Walleye as they fought back with a Cody Lampl goal in the third period and then Troy Schwab netted the game-winner at 1:35 into overtime for a 2-1 victory.
- Overtime is the Time: The win Saturday was just the second overtime game-winner in Toledo Walleye playoff history. Kyle Rogers scored 1:24 into the second overtime on Friday, April 12, 2013 in Cincinnati (3-2 win) for the only other Walleye overtime win. Toledo is 2-3 in playoff OT.
- New Toledo ECHL Attendance Record: Saturday night saw the largest single game playoff crowd in Toledo ECHL history with 5,767 filling the Huntington Center breaking the old mark of 5,374 set April 2, 1994 vs. Columbus.
- Another Home Win: The win Saturday night snapped a five game playoff losing streak on home ice for the Walleye. Toledo won the first ever playoff game at the Huntington Center 7-2 over Charlotte on April 6, 2010 but had lost five straight until Saturday.
- Scene Shifts to Wheeling: Toledo heads to West Virginia for the next three games of the series. During the regular season, Toledo won three of the four meetings played in Wheeling. The last two were decided by one goal 5-4 in a shootout on March 17 and 3-2 in regulation time on March 25, both Walleye wins.
- Roster Shakes a Bit : Defenseman Joel Chouinard rejoins the Walleye following 27 games played with the Iowa Wild in the AHL. Chouinard scored five goals with five assists in his time with the Wild and he had five goals and 15 assists in 34 games with Toledo this year. Forward Alden Hirschfeld has been recalled by the Grand Rapids Griffins. Alden played for Toledo in Saturday's 2-1 overtime win. He had 11 goals and 34 assists in 59 regular season games with the Walleye.
Walleye Player of the Week
Troy Schwab (1 goal - 2 assists = 3 points)
Walleye Goaltender of the Week
Jeff Lerg (1-1, 2.00 GAA, .932 save %)