March 02, 2015
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
- Friday February 27 at Kalamazoo Wings (8-3 Loss)
- Saturday February 28 vs. Kalamazoo Wings (7-4 Win)
- Sunday March 1 vs. Kalamazoo Wings (4-2 Loss)
THIS WEEK'S GAMES
- Friday March 6 at Elmira Jackals (7:05 p.m.) (1230 AM Fox Sports)
- Saturday March 7 at Reading (7:05 p.m.) (1230 AM Fox Sports)
- Sunday March 8 at Reading (5:05 p.m.) (1230 AM Fox Sports)
- Kalamazoo Takes the Series: Toledo and Kalamazoo played each three times this past weekend with the Wings get the better of the series. Josh Holmstrom scored first Friday night in Kalamazoo but the Wings scored three unanswered goals in the second period to beat the Walleye 8-3. Toledo took the second game of the series Saturday night by outscoring the Wings 4-0 in the second period to collect a 7-4 win. Kalamazoo came back Sunday with a perfect road game limiting Toledo to just two goals in a 4-2 final score
- Not a Seat Anywhere: Toledo tied the Huntington Center record with 8,300 at Saturday night's game. The Walleye hit the 8,300 mark for the first time on January 24, 2015. The Walleye are averaging 6,618 per contest this year, third in the league. Saturday was the tenth sellout this season for Toledo, just two away from the Walleye record of twelve set in the 2009-10 season.
- Huntington Center Roll Ends: Kalamazoo's Sunday win snapped the Walleye record seven game home winning streak that dated back to January 24 (3-1 loss to Allen). The previous high for consecutive home wins for the Walleye was five prior to this seven game run.
- On a Roll: Forward Anthony Luciani has picked up at least one point in each of the last seven games (3G, 10A) and has an assist in six straight contests. Earlier this season Luciani set a new Toledo Walleye record with a ten game point streak. Andy Bohmbach holds the Walleye record for most consecutive games with an assist at eight set back in 2010-11.
- Special Teams Special: Toledo leads the ECHL in power play percentage (23.3%) and also in penalty kill percentage (88.4%).
- Eastward Bound: Toledo has another three games in three days on tap this week starting Friday night in Elmira. The Walleye have split the two meetings so far this year with the Jackals. Saturday and Sunday features Toledo in Reading for a pair of games against the top team from the East Division. Toledo is 1-0-1 this year vs. the Royals. Overall against teams from the East Division, the Walleye own a record of 9-3-4.
Walleye Player of the Week
AJ Jenks (3 goals - 1 assist = 4 points)
Walleye Goaltender of the Week
Neil Conway (1-1-0, 3.08 GAA, .906 save %)