May 5, 2018
Komets take Game 5 against Walleye
(Toledo, OH) – Dylan Sadowy scored his third goal of the postseason as the Walleye fell to the Komets 4-1 on Saturday night in Toledo. Pat Nagle stopped 25 of 29 shots and is 6-3-0 in postseason play. The Walleye trail the best-of-seven series three games to two.
Fort Wayne would take a 1-0 lead at 4:18 of the first period on the power play with a shot that beat Nagle. The Komets would add a second goal at 6:31 of the frame. Michael Houser turned aside the nine shots he faced in the period.
At 7:12 of the second period, the Komets found the back of the net to extend their lead to 3-0. Dylan Sadowy (3rd) would poke in a shot from Mike Borkowski at 16:42 of the frame on the power play to cut the Komets lead to 3-1.
Though the Walleye would put pressure on Fort Wayne and Houser, the Komets would take a 4-1 lead at 2:56 of the third period with a shot that deflected off former Walleye, Bobby Shea, and past Nagle.
Head coach, Dan Watson, is looking ahead to Tuesday night’s Game 6. “Let’s see what this team’s made of,” said Watson. “We want to continue this journey we started back in October. We’ve beat them in Fort Wayne once. Let’s get moving, get ready to play, and see where we go on Tuesday night.”
- Game 6 is set for Tuesday night in Fort Wayne with a 7:30 p.m. puck drop. If necessary, Game 7 will be Wednesday night with a 7:35 p.m. puck drop in Toledo.
- Nagle stopped 25 of 29 shots and is 6-3-0 in postseason play.
- Shane Berschbach (2G, 3A) leads the Walleye in the Fort Wayne series with five points in five games played.
- Dylan Sadowy has three goals in two of his past three games.
- Mike Borkowski has an assist in each of his past three games.