January 6, 2018
Machovsky shutout lifts Walleye over Monarchs
(Toledo, OH) - The Walleye shut out the Monarchs 3-0 in front of a sold out crowd on Saturday night in Toledo. Matej Machovsky stopped all 33 shots he faced and is now 5-6-0-1 on the season. The Walleye are 21-10-2-1 on the season and 12-4-0 at home.
Austen Brassard scored just 1:04 into the first period to put the Walleye up 1-0.
Shane Berschbach gave the Walleye a 2-0 lead at 2:25 of the second period.
Tyler Barnes made it a 3-0 Walleye lead at 19:18 of the third period.
- The Walleye are home next Friday for a 7:15 p.m. puck drop against the Komets, Saturday for a 7:15 p.m. puck drop against the Mavericks and Sunday for a 5:15 p.m. puck drop against the Cyclones.
- Matej Machovsky stopped all 33 shots he faced and is now 5-6-0-1 on the season.
- Tonight was Machovsky's first shutout of the season.
- The Walleye are 4-1-0-1 against the Monarchs all-time and 3-0-0 against the Monarchs at home.
- Tonight was Kyle Bonis' 300th game in a Walleye uniform.
- Tonight's crowd of 8,374 marked our 12th sell-out of the season and was the largest crowd in Walleye history.