December 2, 2017
Sold out crowd watches Walleye cool the Fuel
The Toledo Walleye best the Fuel 3-2 on Saturday night in front of a sold out crowd. Nagle stopped 22 of 24 shots and improves to 12-1-2 on the season. Toledo is now 14-4-2-1 on the season and 7-0-0 at home.
The Walleye opened the scoring with a goal by Dylan Sadowy at 4:19 of the second period. The Walleye extended their lead 2-0 with a goal by Patrick McCarron at 16:54 of the second.
The Walleye took a 3-0 lead with a goal by Tyler Barnes at 10:59 of the third period. The Fuel cut Toledo's lead to 3-1 with a goal at 16:03 of the third. The Fuel pulled within a goal to make it 3-2 at 19:59 of the third.
- The Walleye are home Wednesday for a 10:35 a.m. puck drop against Fort Wayne. They are home Friday for a 7:15 p.m. puck drop against Tulsa and Saturday for a 7:15 p.m. puck drop against Wheeling.
- Kyle Bonis has a point in each of his last four games.
- Erik Bradford has a point in his past four games.
- Nagle stopped 22 of 24 shots and improves to 12-1-2 on the season.
- Tonight’s crowd of 7,531 marked our seventh sell out of the season.