April 2, 2017
Toledo offense slowed by Fort Wayne
Landon Oslanski netted one but Toledo dropped one to Fort Wayne on Sunday night in Toledo by a score of 2-1. Toledo has an overall record of 48-17-2-2 and is 25-7-1-2 at home.
A physical first period saw no goals from either team, with both goalies coming up with clutch saves. Toledo went 0-2 on the power play in the first, while Fort Wayne went 0-1. The Komets’ second power play of the period sent six shots in the direction of Jake Paterson.
Fort Wayne started the scoring at 7:08 of the second period. Toledo responded shortly after on the power play with Landon Oslanski’s first as a member of the Walleye.
The Komets retook the lead for good on a goal at 9:01 of the third period.
Walleye notes: Goaltender Jake Paterson stopped 33 of Fort Wayne’s 35 shots and has a season record of 32-13-1-1.
The Walleye have clinched the Central Division and will face Kalamazoo in the first round. Have a look at the schedule:
- Friday, April 14 vs Kalamazoo at 7:35 p.m.
- Saturday, April 15 vs Kalamazoo at 7:35 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 18 @ Kalamazoo at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 19 @ Kalamazoo at 7 p.m.
- Friday, April 21* vs Kalamazoo at 7:35 p.m.
- Sunday, April 23* @ Kalamazoo at 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 25* va Kalamazoo at 7:35 p.m.