April 18, 2018
Walleye take commanding 3-0 series lead with win over Fuel
(Indianapolis, IN) – Kyle Bonis scored twice, and Tyler Barnes had two assists as the Walleye defeated the Fuel 3-1 on Wednesday night in Indy. Pat Nagle stopped 31 of 32 shots and is now 3-0-0 in the postseason. The Walleye lead the best-of-seven series three games to none.
Indy took an early 1-0 lead just 2:20 into the first period on a rebound shot that beat Nagle. Despite some good chances by the Walleye, Fuel goaltender, Etienne Marcoux, would turn aside all eight shots he faced, while Nagle stopped 12 of 13.
Toledo would dominate play in the second period, outshooting Indy 16-8, with Nagle turning aside all eight shots faced. Simon Denis sent a pass to Kyle Bonis, who would tie the game 1-1 with a power play goal at 6:18 of the second period.
Beau Schmitz set up Bonis, who went top-shelf for his second goal of the game at 8:08 of the final period to make it 2-1 Walleye. AJ Jenks sealed the deal with an empty net goal at 19:07 of the frame to give the final score of 3-1.
- The Walleye are in Indy on Thursday for a 7:05 p.m. puck drop against the Fuel.
- Nagle stopped 31 of 32 shots and is 3-0-0 in the postseason.
- Tyler Barnes (1G, 7A) leads the Walleye this postseason with eight points in three games played.
- Christian Hilbrich leads the Walleye with four goals in three games this postseason.
- The Walleye killed off five penalties tonight and went 1/3 on the power play.